Internet programs for low income families through Telus and Shaw. See below for details.
- Internet plans starting at just $9.95 per month (plus applicable taxes) for two years
- Speeds of up to 25 megabits per second (where available) and up to 300 gigabits of data per month
- Access to a low cost refurbished computer
- Digital literacy support available at any of our TELUS Learning Centre
- Access to free TELUS Wise® training and tools to participate safely in our digital world
Internet for Good supports thousands of low-income Canadian families with children under the age of majority currently receiving income assistance under the Employment and Assistance Act or disability assistance under the Employment and Assistance for Persons with Disabilities Act (collectively, “BCEA”).
Am I eligible?
You are eligible for Internet for Good if you have received either:
- A letter from the British Columbia Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction with a unique access code.
- If so, please call TELUS at 1-866-835-8744 to sign up.
- A letter from the Government of Canada with a unique access code.
- If so, please visit connecting-families.ca to sign up.
What if I haven’t received a letter?
If you have not received a letter, but believe you qualify, please submit your 2018 Canada Child Benefit (CCB) statement showing your family net income of less than or equal to $31,120 to TELUS at InternetForGood@telus.com. The Internet for Good account must be under the name of the individual named on page 1 of the CCB statement.
Please note that TELUS will be recording your name, address as it appears on your CCB, email address and last four digits of your SIN. We will not be recording the names of your eligible children or your family net income.
Once your application is approved we will email you back at that same address with a unique access code and instructions on how to sign up.
Here is the link to the Gov’t of Canada page: